Monday, September 14, 2009

Accomplishments versus long daunting to-do lists

Today was good.
Grade C+

Lesson today: Be sure to look at what I have accomplished...it is okay to occasionally look back...
(Funny how this is so poignant right now...seeing as how we paddled the Catalina Channel Crossing on Saturday...and yes it is true...to look back and catch a glimpse to see how far you have already gone...and then look ahead to what is left is pretty cool!)
That glimpse back is surprising..."we really went that far already?!" and refreshing...YES! We really went that far already!

My Biz Coach said asked me today to tell of my accomplishments...funny...I stuttered....as I truly had to THINK of what my accomplishments have been. The reason why that is so hard for me to answer is that I always see the "to do LIST" and it is LONG! It is overwhelming also....I could rattle off that list without a hitch....but an accomplishment list?...hmmm....that is harder for me to see.

After we got into the things I had done and accomplished...I started to feel better, and some clarity came on what might possibly be the next important thing to cover.

Simply:
Feeling accomplished is when it is easier to move forward.
When I am just seeing more of what needs to be done...I feel glum.

So tonight I will take Option A: note what I have accomplished...then move forward.

No comments: