Yes, you may have read my post yesterday..oof...it was a rough day.
Everything happens for a reason, and I believe prayers are answered...but not without action.
Have you ever heard "PRAY: then move your feet"?
That means put it out there, pray, ask your Universe-Your God-Your Buddah-Your Higher Power- for what it is you want...but then, take some action in that direction.
I have a project, I have been working on...no clue how it is going to come out...but I took a chance and got on the phone with someone who has experience with these types of projects...he then immediately put me on the phone with someone who is a BIG Player in an industry I only know wee-bits about...WOW! Then the conversation flowed, and it was amazing!
NOTE TO SELF: had I just prayed, and not taken the action to call this person, the opportunity and the gift that resulted never would have happened.
Lastly, my Universe and my God have a sense of humor...still reeling from yesterday's not-so-productive-numb feeling day...I went to the coffee shop this morning and in front of me stood a man that I only know of through his voice. I have only heard him, having been at several events locally that he has spoke at (although everytime I saw him, he seemed small...cause I sat WAYYY out in the audience). BUT today, there he was, life-size in front of me!
He is a spiritual man, I introduced myself, he sensed my glum state, and asked me a few questions...I responded...he relayed to me a few simple concepts:
Worry gets you nowhere.
Instead of worrying pray, talk to your God, Thank Him for what you do have today, ask for what you need, and best of all, know that He will provide.
Last thing: Stop the fight...Let it happen.
This is EXACTLY what I NEEDED.. a Gentle reminder.
I am grateful.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Transition from NUMB to Gratitude
Labels:
coffee shop,
faith,
God,
gratitude,
spiritual,
transition from numb to gratitude
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment