Thursday, October 29, 2009
Role Models
As I watch what is in the press....(can't help it...it is shoved in our face everyday) and WHO is in the press....I am astounded by WHO and WHAT get the most air time...I don't like half the stuff I see and hear...as I get this strange feeling, like "that's just not right".
I tend to be choosy about who I invest my mind, soul, and spirit with. What info I let in, and what info I let pass by. As I know now (as some wisdom has set in) that life is both a weeding out process and full of choices.
I look at today's younger girls and women, and who their primary influences through media are. hmmmm...let's see....what's her name? Something Lohan? and a few tennis chicks in little skirts who get slapped on the wrist for bad sportsman like behavior to judges on the court? Throwing a hissy fit followed up by lame public apology was in my opinion...pathetic.
Lastly, today's young women have the media's obvious obsession with "perfection" or should I say air brushing coming at them every second of everyday...giving our young ladies, once again, a false sense of what it really means to be beautiful. (by the way, older women are just as effected as the young ones!)
There are more quality women out there that are great role models.
Why don't we hear more about them? Because most media business is about sensationalizing BAD news...my thought for the day, notice the good role models around you, and thank them. As it does take just as much to have a good attitude as it does to have a bad attitude.
I love to support and find ways to find better messaging for our young ladies (and for some others who are not young anymore who may need reminding) that beauty is not defined by a magazine cover or make up ad.
Check out DOVE's Self Esteem/REAL Beauty programs. Very cool.
www.campaignforrealbeauty.com
Go to gallery, find video titled EVOLUTION..takes 1 minute
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I LOVE that picture! That was such a fun swim!
Post a Comment