Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WELCOME to the Sportkini Blog

Welcome!
A blog for women who want to join in on discussion about their water sport/competitive activities, their triumphs and pitfalls, ongoing challenges, fun bits of helpful tidbits about race sites, great races to race etc...this is a place for positive stuff!
Bring your friends! Chime in!

Find out about the new developments with the best swimsuit ever, the Sportkini. Feel free to give your constructive comments and new ideas.
I love success stories, and here I would love to hear about your stories of success. They fire me up and motivate me! Sharing them, no matter the size of the "success", as it is very personal, I assure you, will be appreciated.

I want to share my knowledge from my entire life having been dedicated to water sports. I literally have lived in my swimsuits my whole life (hence this is where the concept of the sportkini generated-through my own personal experience).

Here is a sampler of a few of my athletic ventures...with more to come! Competitive swimming, long distance ocean swims(lived in HAWAII), triathlons (HI Ironman finisher!), cross country running, outrigger canoe paddling(all around the South Pacific), flatwater kayaking, surfski paddling, hiking and my next target, kiteboarding!!

To me finding out how to run my body like a ferrari and not a jalopy lead to my curious fascination of athletic performance, hence, a degree in PHYS ED, EXERCISE SCIENCE/NUTRITION seemed appropriate.
Then further down the road, so that I could make my premiere product the SPORTKINI, I dove into my Associates Degree from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) in Apparel Manuacturing.

I invite you, come along for the ride, read along, and be part of the excitement this blog!

You will find cool fun and interesting facts here!

I will post again tomorrow!

No comments: