Friday, November 21, 2008

It's a blog day afternoon

AHHHH!

A little trip to the East Coast for a wedding reminded me of East Coast swimming, INDOORS. Yes, I grew up on the East Coast, and yes, spent all my first 21 years of life in indoor pools.

I have to say the brand new swim complex I swam at in Greenwich, Conn was amazing.

The brisk cold air outside, and warm tropical chlorinated pool area inside. I did not realize how spoiled I have become swimming in outdoor pools year round until I went through this experience. I reminissed about blustery cold winter mornings at o'dark thirty in Northern Massachusetts before school, and a quick brisk run with wet hair after the second practice as we headed to heated cars to get home to a late dinner....oof.

I love the East Coast, and quite frankly there are so many things about it I do miss...the dramatic change in the four seasons, the seasonal change of clothing, curtains, tires on cars, shoe collections, bed linens etc...everything changes...sooo cool. Wouldn't change my upbringing on the East Coast at all...love the sense of family, and what I call "direct friendliness"...people are more direct, they hold doors open, are polite saying with eye contact-GOOD MORNING! I love that! I also like that Thank You is heard, and said with a smile.

I find it easy to strike up conversation with NorEasta's, especially Bostonians (my home turf).

Today I pay homage to the female athlete who swims year round, despite the bloody temperature outside! I think it takes a lot of guts to adorn a swimsuit when the rest of the outside world is layered up to thier chinny-chinny chins in winter garb.

You go girl!

No comments: