The fun part (depends on how you look at it) of being an entrepreneur is to continually keep yourself open to gettin' schooled.
As an athlete we have a saying, "if you want to be an Olympian, then go hang out with the Olympians, if you hang on the street corners you are going to get the wrong information, and just by osmosis take on street corner attitudes which is far from the winning attitude of an Olympian".
In other words, "go where the best are, and learn from them". I just spent some time with the Olympians of Business, and WOW...how enlightening!
It amazes me that this saying is also true, "your friends who are not doing well are not necessarily the ones who want to see you do well, because you changing and doing well makes them uncomfortable, they want you to be there with them in their misery....your biz peers who have done well, truly want you to do well, in fact they are not only your cheerleaders, but they are the ones who will connect you with who and what you may need next to excel" ....cool!
I live by both of these philosophies, and as hard as it is, I have to weed out the "street corner" influences and "those who are miserable and looking for commiserates to hang with". I can be there as a friend and help when I can, but I do not have to let my energy be taken down by someone elses choices, yes, I said CHOICES to be miserable.
It has been proven scientific fact that it takes just as much energy to be miserable as it does to be happy...so why not spend your energy on the happy stuff, heck, we only live once!

No comments:
Post a Comment